The Past

The Past


As Senior year approaches in 25 days I've been reflecting the past. Thinking about those long 7 years of elementary school days. To the move to hebisd and those 3 years in Junior high and then to High School. To Larson, To Central where no one knew me, then to Lawrence D. Bell High School. Man everyone says high school are the worst years but honestly I would say elementary school has to be the worst 7 years of my life.

You would think that Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade would be years of fun, years of laughter of being able to hang with friends. Kindergarten I moved school during the 1st six weeks to Larson. Got put in the class where no one knew me at all. The nurse knew my name because I was there so often from getting hurt. (also you know when people say that words hurt by throwing a dictionary at your head. Books hurt when they get thrown at your head) To not really exactly having any real friends or close friends. Had to change myself to fit in because I wanted to be one of the "popular" people. And man, after those years I've never exactly cared to be one of those "popular" girls. I've gone through many and multiple tears throughout those years.

Junior year ha, 7th, 8th, and Freshman year, That move was a fresh start for me. No one knew me at all. No one knew my past, nor did they really know that I was adopted or anything that happened in my life. 7th grade I made so many new friends that were true friends. I was in sports, soccer, BBall, VBall, XC, then in 8th grade that was a little rocky, although yes, I did get bullied that year in February its made me also become wiser. I was able to understand my true friends, and that people say things when they fear someone else no matter how mean it is. Freshman year was my first glimpse of High school but I was in Junior high. I was in Cheer, I was beginning to sort of be popular. I was able to perform in front of people during the pep rallies and that's when I fully understood the love I have for cheerleading.

Woah im almost done. Now it's High school currently I can only talk about two grades. Sophomore year and Junior year. Sophomore year, oh boy, that was one of the hardest years for me. I was so ready to conquer and defeat sophomore year I had to many things on my plate. I was in Cheer, Orchestra, Class Council, and all pre ap classes and WHAP. I thought that I needed to show everyone that I was able to be smart. To be the stereotype Asian. HA well that didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I had many all nighters, many nights of tears. But hey, I made it through sophomore year and then there was Junior year. I was in cheer still, and Class council, and interact, oh and Asian Club oh and a HUGE Band supporter. I was in 4 IB classes, 2 regular classes. Had only lets say 2 all nighters this year. Multiple days of waking up at 3 to finish up my homework (usually Chinese homework or IBHOA homework) But hey, I'm finally done with Chinese, and I made it through Junior year.

Now there are 25 days till Senior years starts. I'm ready for it although all my classes will be IB classes and one tri of Cheer. It'll be a fun, exciting, yet hard and stressful year. I cant wait for school but at the same time I like to relax. Seems like yesterday that I started Kindergarten.

That was extremely long,
- Cosette








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggles of an adoptee: Loss

senior year

Meet Me