The story about choosing South Africa

So let me start from the beginning of the story, 

So I knew God was calling me to go on a mission trip this year, specifically he summer before college. Well I couldn't choose between South Africa or Israel. South Africa where I could go and do evangelism or Israel where I can walk where Jesus walked. Well my Smart mom suggested I pray to God and ask him where I should go. So I prayed to God and I saw a picture of myself playing with little kids with a South Africa Flag flying above me. So that's when I knew I needed to go to South Africa. 

So when I had to fundraise I found that extremely hard. During the funding I said constantly if God wants me to go to South Africa he will provide. Well one of the main ways to get money is by asking people to donate. I found this extremely hard because in my mind I wasn't thinking that the money I get is going to help fund my mission trip. In my mind I thought that the money that I get could be helping my cousins and I was flooded with guilt. 

I left for winter camp which is a church camp. It was Friday night to Sunday afternoon and there was a strict NO PHONE policy. Well when I left, I was 48% funded and my second deadline was on February 7th I needed to be 50% funded on that day. Well when I got back I was 65% funded and I was amazed I was like God is good and he provided for me. 

Well on February 7th when I was only supposed to be 50% funded I ended up being 100% funded. Y'all I was overjoyed I was thrilled and I really started crying because I started to doubt if I was even supposed to go on this trip because I felt so guilty for asking for money. 

*I just want to say if you donated thank you so much for donating and supporting me, If you're praying for me as I prepare my heart to go on this trip thank you so much for Supporting me on this trip.* 

So what this whole entire thing taught me over the course of a few months is that God provides. Trust him with everything. Don't doubt what God says if it's anything other then good IT ISNT GOD! If it's evil it isn't God. 

Thanks for reading, 
Cosette Eisenhauer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Struggles of an adoptee: Loss

senior year

Meet Me